Cutright & Allen, Inc. | Matagorda Regional Medical Center FEMA 361 Compliant Community Safe Room
cutright, allen, brad, dean, architect, architecture, building, construction, engineering, FEMA, education, track and field, track, field, school, medical, liturgical, not for profit, NFP
15955
portfolio_page-template-default,single,single-portfolio_page,postid-15955,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode-theme-ver-10.1.1,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.0.1,vc_responsive
 

Matagorda Regional Medical Center FEMA 361 Compliant Community Safe Room

Date
Category
FEMA
About This Project
Cutright & Allen, Inc. designed a 160 foot diameter thin-shell monolithic FEMA 361 Compliant Community Safe Room for Matagorda Regional Medical Center to withstand hurricane winds up to 200 mph.
This safe room is designed to accommodate 764 occupants during storms in 80% open area; the remaining 20% is used for a physical rehabilitation and wellness center. Physical and occupational therapy and a back-up operations for the nuclear power plant is also included.